Further Reading Online:
- The Christian Nation Myth: by Farrell Till
- It's a Free Country, Not a Christian Nation: by Ed Buckner
- Quotations that Support the Separation of State and Church: by Ed Buckner
- Does the Treaty with Tripoli Matter to Church/State Separation?: by Ed Buckner
- Six Historic Americans: The Fathers And Saviors Of Our Republic: by John E. Remsburg
- The Practical Separation of Church and State: by Benjamin Underwood
- Critique of David Barton's "America's Godly Heritage": Baptist Joint Committee on Public Affairs
- David Barton Falsifies American History: Church and State Magazine
- Misquoting by the Religious Right: by Tom Peters, et al.
- The Religious Beliefs Of Our Presidents: by Franklin Steiner
- The U.S. not founded upon Christianity: by Jim Walker
- We Have A Winning Message: by Robert Boston
- Joel Barlow And The Treaty With Tripoli: by Robert Boston
- The Founding Fathers Were Not Christians: by Steven Morris
- Piety versus "Secular Humanism": A Phony War: by Marvin E. Frankel
- James Madison on Separation of Church and State: by Tom Peters
- Noah Webster's views on the Separation of Church and State: by Tom Peters
- Separation of Church and State: A Rebuttal: by Wayne Aiken
- Essays In Addition to America's Real Religion: by Gene Garman
- How to Win: A Practical Guide to Defeating The Radical Right: by Matisse Enzer, et al.
- The United States Constitution and Religious Court Rulings
Alley, Robert and Robert Madison. (1989) James Madison on Religious Liberty. New York: Prometheus Books.
Barlow, Joel (1785) "Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United States and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli of Barbary." In Hunter Miller, 1931. Treaties and Other International Acts of the U.S. [1776-1818]. Vol. II, Washington, D.C.: United States Government Printing Office. pp. 364-365.
Boston, Robert. (1994) Why the Religious Right Is Wrong. New York: Prometheus Books.
Cappon, Lester J., ed. (1987) The Adams-Jefferson Letters: The Complete Correspondence. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press.
Jefferson, Thomas (1779) "Draft for Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom." In Edwin Gaustad, 1982. A Documentary History of Religion in America. Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. pp. 259-261.
Koch, Adrienne. (1943) The Philosophy of Thomas Jefferson. New York: Columbia Univ. Press.
Koch, Adrienne, ed. (1965) The American Enlightenment: The Shaping of the American Experiment and a Free Society. New York: George Braziller.
Kramnick, Isaac and R. L. Moore. (1996) The Godless Constitution: The Case Against Religious Correctness. New York: W. W. Norton & Company.
Maddox, Robert L. (1987) Separation of Church and State: Guarantor of Religious Freedom. New York: Crossroad Publishing.
Madison, James (1785) "Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments." In Jack Rakove, ed., 1999. James Madison: Writings. New York: Library of America. pp. 29-36.
Paine, Thomas (1995) Thomas Paine: Collected Writings. New York: American Library.
Peterson, Merrill, ed. (1984) Thomas Jefferson: Writings. New York: American Library.
Remsburg, John E. (1906) Six Historic Americans: The Fathers And Saviors Of Our Republic. New York: The Truth Seeker Company. [Available Online]
Seldes, George. (1983) The Great Quotations. New York: The Citadel Press.
Seldes, George. (1996) The Great Thoughts. New York: Ballantine Books.
Home Page | Further Reading | Site Map | Send Feedback